function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hassabhassab 

Save and redirect from a Visualforce Page OR autopopulate from and unsaved record

Hi all,

I am working with the non-profit version which uses an affiliation table to connect multiple contacts with multiple accounts.  This functionality is actually quite burdensome to some of our users and I am trying to find a way to simplify it.  I thought of 2 things - fill out all contact information on the affiliate table and update to the contact table, or create the contact first, and autopopulate to the affiliate.  There are issues with both scenarious I am as of yet unable to resovle.

Of the first, when a user fills out the affiliate table, the contact is a required field to save, therefore the functionality must create the contact before saving the affiliate record.  Unfortunately the quick create from the lookup table only gives about half the fields we need, so the user has to create the account, then create the contact separately, then connect the two.  If I could pass unsaved data into a new contact record via url, the user could type in all the info into the affiliate record, then click  button to create the contact and have the contact name autofill back to the affiliate, but I have not been able to successfully pass unsaved data to a new contact record.

On the second, I tried creating a set of visualforce pages that walk through the process - create the contact, then the affilation record autopopulates, but I am stuck at getting the visualforce page to save and redirect, autopopulating into a new contact record.

Does anyone have any experience with resolving this issue or any guidance about the best direction to go in?  I'd love to avoid making a whole trigger/method thing out of this if possible...

Thanks,

Hassab