function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DavidHabib.ax407DavidHabib.ax407 

Opportunity Picklist not filtering by record type

I have a VisualForce page which is bound to an Opportunity I've created of a specific record type.  Unfortunately, the Stage picklist shows all stages defined in this salesforce instance, rather than just the stages defined on the sales process for this opportunity record type.

How come the stage picklist is not filtering?  Is there a way to fix this?

I could use my own picklist to show just the stages I expect, but I'd rather not do this extra work.

Thanks,

Dave

TehNrdTehNrd
Not currently supported.

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10092833/Support_Dependent_Picklists_in_Visualforce

Some at salesforce.com may argue that recordType support is different from the Idea above but I hope that when this feature is release it also address the picklist recordType issue. Perhaps someone should create a seperate Idea just to be sure.
DavidHabDavidHab

THanks for confirming the issue. I thought I might be doing something wrong. A coworker suggested changing from a custom controller to an extension, but I suspect that won't work either given what you said.

Thanks,

Dave

TehNrdTehNrd
Unfortunetly the only way to do this is hardcode the logic in your controller or create a custom object with two fields. One witht he controlling value and the depedent value. Then you need to use an extension or custom controller to query these fields and populate a selectList with the correct dependent values.
Saurabh DhobleSaurabh Dhoble

You can refer to this post for some ideas on how this can be done.