function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yvk431yvk431 

throw an exception for relatedlist del action

Hi Friends,

I have a small requirement , please let me know whether it is a valid one or not.

I am displaying  Account Contacts using a relatedlist in a Visual force page(Standard Controller to Account object Extensions a class) , in which for a certain role like CEO i should not allow the contact to be get deleted . I have to do this using related list(not by other means such as a table datalist) , so i have overriden the del action of Contact object with a visual force page and i am calling a action method on it page load.

I am able to check the CEO record and stop the record from getting delete, but my requirement is to display a message  to the user that the record cannot be deleted. 

I am ok with custom confirm message (Are you sure?), just need to throw an exception in the visual force from which the del action commensed.

I have tried using trigger on before delete for Contact object, but the error message should be displayed on the VFP.

Please let me know how this can be done,or i am thinking in a wrong direction

Regards,

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
S_LieS_Lie

Hi,

To redirect to page 2 , you can use :

public PageReference redirectFuntion()
    {
        PageReference pageRef= new PageReference('/APEX/Page2');
        pageRef.setredirect(true);
        pageRef.getParameters().put('idRedirect','Hello');                       
        return pageRef;
    }

it will pass the Hello label to 2nd page using through parameter 'idRedirect'

to retrieve it in 2nd page just use : this.Label=Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get('idRedirect');

as far as I know , apex class didnt support alert function. You may use javascript instead.

All Answers

S_LieS_Lie

Hi ,

create new function for delete.

add the apex:message in the visualforce and define it in the apex class using :

ApexPages.Message myMsg2 = new ApexPages.Message(ApexPages.Severity.Error,'You cannot delete this contact');
        ApexPages.addMessage(myMsg2);

is it what r you looking for ?

yvk431yvk431

Hi S_Lie,

Thanks for the reply , actually the page 2(iam overriding the delete action of contacts with the VFP) in which the Delete action handled was different from the page 1 in which the message have to be shown.

Right now iam planning to show a label in the Page 2 and provide a back button

or 

show a alert message from apex class (if possible).

Please let me know if it can be done in a better way.

S_LieS_Lie

Hi,

To redirect to page 2 , you can use :

public PageReference redirectFuntion()
    {
        PageReference pageRef= new PageReference('/APEX/Page2');
        pageRef.setredirect(true);
        pageRef.getParameters().put('idRedirect','Hello');                       
        return pageRef;
    }

it will pass the Hello label to 2nd page using through parameter 'idRedirect'

to retrieve it in 2nd page just use : this.Label=Apexpages.currentPage().getParameters().get('idRedirect');

as far as I know , apex class didnt support alert function. You may use javascript instead.

This was selected as the best answer
yvk431yvk431

Thanks for the reply again,

I have used a trigger for the event before delete on contact object to restrict the del action.

It worked out well, redirecting the control to a page with the errror Message.