function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TehNrdTehNrd 

SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field... with Standard Controller

I have an inline VF page that contains a component. I pass the record object to the component so I can display fields from the record in the component. I am trying to add new fields to my component that reference data on the related object but when I do this I get the error: SObject row was retrieved via SOQL without querying the requested field: Configuration__c.Quantity__c. There is no Apex code here.

Component - configDetails:
<apex:component >
<apex:attribute name="config" description="This is the value for the Configuration" type="Configuration__c" required="true"/>

{!config.Quantity__c}
</apex:component>

Inline VF page:
<apex:page showheader="false" standardController="Configuration__c">
<c:configDetails config="{!Configuration__c}"/>
</apex:page>

This has been working fine for well over a year and the component currently displays data from the parent with no issues but when I try to add a new field I get this error.

Any idea what I am missing? I am only able to replicate this issue in production so I'm thinking it is some sort of security permission but I can't figure it out.

Thanks,
Jason

Message Edited by TehNrd on 12-16-2009 10:14 AM
prageethprageeth

Hello Teh;

Sometimes you may need to add following code piece to your page and set the rendered property to false.

<apex:outputText value="{!config.Quantity__c}" rendered="false"/>

Please  follow this URL:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/apex_pages_standardcontroller.htm 

TehNrdTehNrd

Support case # 03169217.

I was able to reproduce this in a recently refreshed sandbox.

Message Edited by TehNrd on 12-16-2009 10:19 AM
WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hmm.. I've been getting this too. For now I've included the (hidden) field in my pages e.g.

<apex:inputhidden value="{!myObject__c.field__c}" />

Keen to find out what's happening, thanks for logging it.

Wes 

TehNrdTehNrd
Support also gave me the work around you mentioned but they may have read this post. I still think this is a bug as I will add the outputText field and it wont work but if I leave it on there for about a day it will start to work.

If I add the hidden input it will start to work immediately. I can them remove this hidden input and then it will still work.
Message Edited by TehNrd on 12-17-2009 09:57 AM
mtbclimbermtbclimber
Is this still reproducible?
TehNrdTehNrd

Doing a simple test this was not reproducible on Spring 10.

It is still reproducible on Winter 10.

mtbclimbermtbclimber

Thanks Jason.

Broz88Broz88

Know this is an old thread but though I would post for the record:

Thought I was having the same issue on Spring 10 but ended up being a Field Level Security issue.

sean*harrisonsean*harrison

Like Broz88, I got this error due to an FLS conflict. Be sure to check!

matsonjmatsonj

I just duplicated this error. Sounds like it should resolve within 24 hours but annoying nonetheless

LeaseWorksDevLeaseWorksDev
I have just hit this issue! I chcked FLS and everything seems fine. Actually I have the same field displayed in the standard layout. This works fine in the dev org, but hitting this issue on a deployed org (managed pkg). I don't have the namespace prefix. Any suggestions what to try next?