function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
intern2424intern2424 

Question about Contacts tab?

Hi, I was wonder if you can add your own block of information onto the standard contacts page. I like what is on there already but I do not want to override the page but add a section on the page. 

Thanks for any help you can give. 

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The usual way is to create an apex page and then place the page onto the page layout.

<apex:page standardController="Contact" extensions="myExtension"> <!-- do stuff here --> </apex:page>

You need to make sure that you size the component after laying it on thepage layout, or it may be cut off (or use scrollbars). I believe there will be a way to dynamically resize in a future release.

intern2424intern2424
I tried that in my salesforce account and it would not let me create that newExtension.
S_LieS_Lie

Yes you can , in the page layout section you can add 'Visualforce page' or 'S-control page' .

or just related list 

intern2424intern2424
I get this error 

Error: Apex class 'myExtension' does not exist

Then when I go to create a class, I can not create an apex class. My developer account I can but not my non profit account. 

S_LieS_Lie

myExtension is the relationship name between the contact object and the object that you want to access.

You should create it first before you can use.

intern2424intern2424
I figured out what was going on. The reason I could not create it was that I was not in my sandbox. I forgot I have to create it there and move it over.