function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AQAQ 

Display header on page without detail section

I want to display the header for a visual force page.  I put showHeader="true"  in the "<apex:page" line, but the header does not show unless I have a "<apex:detail/>" item on the page.

I know the name of the object row and want that displayed in the header, but I want to format the rest of the page without using the detail view.

Is there anyway that this can be done?

Thanks,

JR

Alok_NagarroAlok_Nagarro

Hi,

here i am bit confuse, because there are two things,one is section header and other one is page header.

In case of page header you don't  need to put showHeader="true" because it's default value is also true.

And in case of section header use <apex:sectionHeader/> tag.

I hope it'll help you.

Thanks,

AQAQ

I am talking specifically about the pageheader, not the section header.

Yes, the pageheader defaults to true, but it does not display on the page unless the page contains a <apex: detail/> line.  At least that's my experience.  

What I am trying to do is to display the page header when I display data from the object in question on a custom form, not the detail display.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is possible?

Jeremy.NottinghJeremy.Nottingh

Please post your Visualforce code, as I don't think I understand what it is you are looking for.

Jeremy

AQAQ

Sorry, I realize now that I was using the wrong terminology.

I want to display the title at the top of the page without displaying the detail.

This code:

<apex:page standardController="Account">
<apex:detail subject="{!account.Id}" relatedList="false" title="true"/>
</apex:page>

<apex:page standardController="Account">

<apex:detail subject="{!account.Id}" relatedList="false" title="true"/>

</apex:page>

displays the title I'm talking about.  What I want to do is to display the title without using the "detail" command.  Essentially, I want to display the title bar (icon, name of object, and the links) with a custom display of the data, not the standard display.

I hope this makes more sense.

Thanks,

JR 

Jeremy.NottinghJeremy.Nottingh

It sounds like you want to use the section of the detail page that's below the navigation tabs and above the Edit/Delete buttons, including the hoverlinks to related lists and object name. I don't think this is possible in Visualforce, sadly.

If you find a way to work around it, let us know!

Jeremy