function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WPCMSWPCMS 

VisualForce Novice: Where do I find the apex id language for objects?

I am about 3 hours into the Visualforce Developers Guide. One copy and past code allows you to create tabs for your related lists. I would like to use this in our live production but where do I find the apex names for these objects?

Section of the code:

<apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab>

I want to add a custom object to my tabs

Where do I find the tab id? In this example the id is "tabNoteAtt". How can I find this for my custom objects?

Thank you in advance

jdlforcejdlforce

I have never found them but you can follow this example:

<apex:relatedList subject="{!House__c}" list="selections__r" pageSize="200"/> 

selection__c -> selections__r

where  selection__c is the custom API object name

WPCMSWPCMS
I do not understand what you are trying to do. I do not have experience in code yet, I am just using the developer book. If I can find the object ids I can finish my first code.
WPCMSWPCMS
I have not used Eclipse yet, would this be a tool that I can choose my fields and object ids from?
AbhishekreddyAbhishekreddy
WPCMS wrote:

...... but where do I find the apex names for these objects?

Section of the code:

<apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab>

I want to add a custom object to my tabs

Where do I find the tab id? In this example the id is "tabNoteAtt". How can I find this for my custom objects?

Thank you in advance

Do you want to add a custom object to a tab or a related list for a custom object?

To add a related list to a custom object you would do something similar to this .. (Also Tab id is a id you give to the tab, it is not the name of the related list)

To add a related list to a new tab:

</apex:tab>
         <apex:tab label="name of your custom object" name="customobject">
         <apex:relatedList subject="{!customobject__c}" list="relatedlist__r" />
      </apex:tab>

To find the name of the related list, use the Apex explorer. You can download it here -->  http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Apex_Explorer