function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PrazPraz 

How to develop interactive reports

Hi,

I want to create a highly interactive report in dashboard where we can change the axis like the horizontal and vertical from picklist and so the report will change.

Suppose I am looking at USA sales and I would like to check the UK sales. So I want to achieve it by changing the picklist entry where I will have options like UK, USA, Middle -east etc territory wise and as I will change the piclist the reports will dynamically change.

Can it be done in salesforce? and if yes the how? using visualforce and s-control?

secondly, is there any mechanism to dynamically load through ajax or javascript the custom reports already generated

Please reply me in details

Prasenjit

gv007gv007

You can get the dynamic reports using salesforce dashboard functionality.and you want see yours custom reports dynamically means use the report with help of dashboard.

And you want see the data more dynamically means use flex UI integration using flexsaesforce toolkit.It is the best tool for dynamically geting the reports.

PrazPraz

Hi Gopi,

Can you please send me some links for tutorial and case studies on how can I use flex UI with SFDC

gv007gv007

Here is Documentation link http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Web_Services_API#Adobe_Flex

and some example also their in the Flex Documentation section .the only diff is flex vs salesforce reports and dashboards are

1.Flex more dynamic developer help needed

2.Salesforce reports and dashboards not that much dynamic ,but it works admin can handle it.

guest1231231guest1231231

Does the new flash capability basically make Flex UI obsolete or are they two different things?