function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
InspiredInspired 

Remote Sites & Callouts

I have created a VF search page that uses the HttpRequest object in the controller to callout to a Google Search Appliance. The VF page then displays the search results. My requests are smaller than 100kb.

I am trying to understand how scalable this soultion is within VF. How many users can use this VF search concurrently? My questions have to do with the governor limits on with Apex class invocation.

- Will the callout governor limit be reached if the controller makes 11 HttpRequest calls?

- If two users use the VF page and the controller makes 4 calls, would the limit be hit with the third user?

- Does the callout limit reset when the controller receives the HttpResponse or when the HttpRequest object or controller is destroyed for the user?

Also, can the controller code be obfuscated so users cannot see what callouts are being made if they view the page source?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Each user would get their own "instance" of controller per page request, so you only need to worry about how many calls you make in a single flow through the controller.  

The users won't see the request from the page source, as it is carried out from the Salesforce server and the results rendered into the resulting page.