function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
empiimp11empiimp11 

tabPanel broken in full sandboxes in Spring 10 release - multiple browsers

The following simple tabPanel doesn't work in our full sandboxes in FF 3.6.2, Chrome 5, or IE 7.  In my developer sandbox, the code works fine (and I have a much more complex set of tabs).

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account">

<!-- Create Tab panel -->

<apex:tabPanel switchType="server" selectedTab="name1" id="AccountTabPanel">

<apex:tab label="One" name="name1" id="tabOne">content for tab one</apex:tab>

<apex:tab label="Two" name="name2" id="tabTwo">content for tab two</apex:tab>

</apex:tabPanel>

</apex:page>

Clicking an inactive tab doesn't work - actually, the error is thrown before click at mouseover.  Here is the error that is reported by IE:

Line: 106
Error: Object doesn't support this property or method

In FF, FireBug reports "element.hasClassName is not a function" on load and on hover, "elementClassName is undefined".

Anybody else having this problem? Once again, both our full sandboxes have this issue, but a developer sandbox works fine.  All 3 sandboxes are on Spring 10.

This seems similar to this post, but is affecting multiple browsers and is a much newer release: 

tabPanel broken in IE7

Thank you. 

Message Edited by empiimp11 on 03-31-2010 05:14 PM
Message Edited by empiimp11 on 03-31-2010 05:14 PM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
empiimp11empiimp11
Turns out there was an incompatible javascript library installed in the 2 full sandboxes that conflicted with the tab pannel. Uninstalling the app fixed the tab problem.

All Answers

empiimp11empiimp11
Turns out there was an incompatible javascript library installed in the 2 full sandboxes that conflicted with the tab pannel. Uninstalling the app fixed the tab problem.
This was selected as the best answer
TehNrdTehNrd
What app was this? Country Complete, perhaps? I've been meaning to email those kats to fix the same issue you've experienced.
joelmansfordjoelmansford

Hi,

Yes - there was a conflict with jQuery as we had it packaged in CountryComplete v1.2 and earlier together with the prototype library used to support the tab panels. 

This issue is resolved in CountryComplete v1.3 due for release in the next few days.  Any customers with an urgent requirement can contact support@provenworks.com for a replacement Javascript file which can be loaded in to an existing CC v1.3 installation to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Joel Mansford

ProvenWorks

TehNrdTehNrd
Cool, for anyone reading this don't write off the Country Complete app. It is pretty slick.
JohannesBorrmanJohannesBorrman

could it be that this is an issue on the emea.saleforce.com too? on both (na11 develop and emea) newly created tab panel cannot be switched resulting in errors on js console:

Error: elementClassName is undefined
Source: https://c.na11.visual.force.com/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.PrototypeScript

&&

Error: elementClassName is undefined
Source: https://emea.salesforce.com/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.PrototypeScript

:(

EDIT:

it seems jquery datepicker causes the issue (embedded as a component on the page). Removing the component awakens the tab panel.

i have to find a way to integrate both.

SFDCDeveloper.ax1039SFDCDeveloper.ax1039

Hi ,

I am facing the same issue. I am using Jquery for the datepaicker and in the same page i have tab panel.Tab panels are not working.

and in the js console i see the error message "Error: element.hasClassName is not a function Source File: https://c.ap1.visual.force.com/faces/a4j/g/3_3_3.Finalorg.ajax4jsf.javascript.PrototypeScript "

Any idea?

Thanks in adavance

JohannesBorrmanJohannesBorrman

well, i just banned the datepicker from my page ... you might try a different version of the datepicker. i had no time or desire to sort this out.

TehNrdTehNrd

You need to run jQuery in no conflict mode. Details here: http://www.tehnrd.com/setting-up-jquery-with-salesforce-com/

SFDCDeveloper.ax1039SFDCDeveloper.ax1039

Hi ,

Thanks for the response. Its working .

Reagrds