function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
d3developerd3developer 

Insufficient Privileges as System Administrator

This error appears with increasing frequency:

Insufficient Privileges
You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary

Unfortunately, I never have any information indicating why it has happened. I am logged in as the System Administrator and I should have access to everything.

Perhpas this message also appears when a managed package throws an error?

gv007gv007

in managed pacakge i think it went from yours unamanaged ccode seeting.did you have any clue what component u are not able to access it.

d3developerd3developer

I have a dozen or so components and a few classes and I have no idea which one is having the problem (if any).

Scott.MScott.M

I just ran into this problem, can anyone shed any light on what might be the cause? It's really hard to figure out with the managed pacakges because the debug logs show no information.

gv007gv007

it is easy to track it but you need little bit patient ,so first find when u are getting this message based on that check the permission of the components if those components is not having any permission give the permission otherwise contact salesforce support.

uxtx_timuxtx_tim

I had the same issue - turns out it was a syntactical error; I attempted closing an expression { with a parenthesis ) instead of the closing bracket.

BruceVBurenBruceVBuren

I had this error and it made no sense as there were no errors in the debug logs and it only occured if i used a profile different that system admin.   

After two days of messing around, i gave "View All Data" to the broken profile and the error went away.  I then removed "View All Data" from the profile and the error did not return.  

So I went through all my profiles and added/removed "View All Data" and it corrected the error, for now.  

Clearly this is a bug in Salesforce and hopefiully resolving the issue in this manner does not break something else.

What a WOT!

You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.