function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ULukachULukach 

Visualforce tabs do not appear in sidebar ("recent items" or "create new")

Hello,

I am encountering some difficulties to expose my VisualForce tabs in the Force.com sidebar, I did the following:

- Created a new Visualforce tab - "Candidates"

- Assigned to it a VisualForce Page - "CandidatesPage"  (the page standardController is "Candidate__c")

Until here everything went smoothly and I could see the tab displayed properly.

When I try to use the sidebar to create new or view recent items of "Candidate' entity I see no  trace of such entity.

Why is that ?

The "CandidatesPage" code:

<apex:page tabStyle="Candidate__tab" standardController="Candidate__c" >

<h1>TEST</h1>

</apex:page>

Thanks

Uri

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ca_peterson_oldca_peterson_old

You probably want to create a custom object tab, rather than a visualforce tab, and then under the page overrides set the tab override.

The end result is almost exactly like a vf tab, but records will show in the sidebar recent history, and behave like other objects that have a proper tab.

All Answers

ULukachULukach

Hello,

When I create a "Custom Object Tab" I can see that the "Object" of the Tab appears in the application side-bar in "create new..." and "recent items".

When I am creating a "VisualForce Tab" based on VisualForce page which use standard controller and a custom object that I built ("Candidate__c") the side-bar does not display my object in "create new..." or "recent items"

Is it possible to use the side-bar when working with VisualForce Tabs using a custom object ?

Thanks
Uri
ca_peterson_oldca_peterson_old

You probably want to create a custom object tab, rather than a visualforce tab, and then under the page overrides set the tab override.

The end result is almost exactly like a vf tab, but records will show in the sidebar recent history, and behave like other objects that have a proper tab.

This was selected as the best answer
ULukachULukach

Thanks,

I have an issue with "Custom Object" Tab when I override a tab with my page, I can't seem to highlight the Tab.

I tried using the "tabStyle" attribute although it simply does nothing, how can I highlight the Tab ?

Code:

-------

<apex:page controller="UserSessionController" tabStyle="Candidates__tab" >

Uri