function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dperdper 

Tabbed account assigned based on account record type and profile

I have created a tabbed account page and figured out how to assigned it based on profile but I actually need it based on both the user profile and account record type because my account pages assigned to the different record types have different tabs.

I'm also very new to doing any coding and was able to get this far based on sample information I have found.

I would appreciate any help.

SFmaverickSFmaverick

If I understand right, you want two seperate tabs based on the Record type of records inside of your Account object. I'm not sure that you can do that, but you can easily create views that are only visible to certain profiles / users that only show the desired record type. It would be pretty easy to switch between for those who have access to both.

Under the Account Tab go to "Create New View" and then in the filter criteria select "Account Record Type" then "equals" and then whichever record type you want displayed.

Kent ManningKent Manning

Can you be a little more specific about how you are using the tabbed account page?  Are you using the tabs on the account view page or on the account edit page?  Do you want it to appear on both? 

I think what you will have to do is create a page redirect with Visualforce that redirects which page is viewed based on the record type.  Please see this related post as I think it will do what you want:

http://community.salesforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Record-Type-Selection-Page-Over-riding/m-p/193642