function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TehNrdTehNrd 

How to use URLFOR and Send Email action.

I have a page that uses the standard Lead controller. I'd like to create a link that sends user to the Send Email page for this lead.

I have tried the following syntax but it is not work, error: Field $Action.Activity.SendEmail does not exist. Check spelling.

{!URLFOR($Action.Activity.SendEmail,Lead.Id)}

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jason

michaelforcemichaelforce

That's a tough one... seems like it should work.  It's not as "new release proof" but you can always just get rid of the URLFOR altogether and just use "/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?p2_lkid={!Lead.Id}&type=00Q&retURL={!Lead.Id}".

By the way, when trying to troubleshoot this one, I created a custom link that was just a URLFOR pointing to itself... the result when clicked was an infinite loop (blank page that just kept reloading)... I really need to step away from the computer a little this weekend :-P.

TehNrdTehNrd

Ehhh, I couldn't figure this one out and just ended up hardcoding. I still think URLFOR is the most poorly documented feature on salesforce.com

EtienneCoutantEtienneCoutant

Hi,

I was trying to automatically bcc an email address when sending emails from Assets and it worked doing the following:

{!URLFOR($Action.Activity.SendEmail, Asset.Id , [p2_lkid = Asset.AccountId, p3_lkid =Asset.Id, rtype="003", retURL= "/" + Asset.Id, p5 = "test@mail.com"])}

So I am assuming you should be able to transform it a little bit for Leads.

Best,

etienne