function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AidenAiden 

Standard Visualforce generating script exception in IE6

I'm validating that my application will work OK on IE6. I'm running IE6 on a Virtual PC, IE version number 6.0.2800.1106.

This code works great on FF, Chrome, IE8 etc. 

I narrowed down a script error thrown in IE6 to the use of rerender for the command button on the following trivial code sample;

<apex:page controller="MySimpleController">
<apex:form id="MyTestForm">
<apex:commandButton value="TestButton"  id="TestButton" action="{!DummyFunction}" rerender="TestOutput" />
<apex:outputPanel id="TestOutput">
</apex:outputPanel>
</apex:form>
</apex:page

<apex:page controller="MySimpleController">

<apex:form id="MyTestForm">

<apex:commandButton value="TestButton"  id="TestButton" action="{!DummyFunction}" rerender="TestOutput" />

<apex:outputPanel id="TestOutput">

</apex:outputPanel>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

For the above VisualForce, IE6 throws a script error; Expected '}' at line 140

If I remove the rerender from the commandButton, the script loads OK. Any ideas? Known bug or issue?

For reference, the customer controller is as follows;

public class MySimpleController 
{
    public PageReference DummyFunction()
    {
        return null;
    }
}

AidenAiden

Just to add an additional note - we're launching the application in question at Dreamforce 2010. Looking at some other threads around browser compatibility, it looks like Salesforce is recommending all users to upgrade to IE7+ by end 2010 with official de-support for IE6 coming 2011.

Ideally, we would like to launch supporting the same browsers that SF does. Maybe, in this time-frame this doesn't make sense with IE6 de-support on the way?