function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SexmanSexman 

Is it possible to generate a PowerPoint file from a Visualforce Page?

I want to make a page with content that could be show as a Powerpoint presentation... is it possible?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can use <apex:page contenttype="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint"> to achieve your requirement.

All Answers

SteveBowerSteveBower

It's all ones and zeros, anything is possible!  :-) 

I'd think that you could use Apex to generate the XML format code that Microsoft supports for use with Powerpoint.  (or some of the other standards microsoft supports) .   Perhaps OpenOffice, as I think their stuff is simpler and powerpoint can read it.  Might be tedious code however...

A long time ago I created an S-Control which printed mailing labels from Salesforce by hacking together the XML that microsoft used for a .doc file  and then saving it as a .doc file.  When Word opened it, it realized it was an XML file, did the conversion and opened it up just fine.   I'd think you could do the same w/ PowerPoint.

Best, Steve

p.s. Can't you just use HTML for simple powerpoint-like presentations?  

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can use <apex:page contenttype="application/vnd.ms-powerpoint"> to achieve your requirement.

This was selected as the best answer
SexmanSexman

Thanks! ;)

SexmanSexman

Thank you! ;)

KlawateKlawate

Thanks for the answer.

I did the same, but is there any way using which we add multiple slides to the ppt file. Also how can we add images to the presentation. Thanks in advance.