function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MarceldeBMarceldeB 

Commandbutton on enter

Hi,

I have a VF page with two commandbuttons (save and cancel). If a user presses the enter key halfway editing the page, the page performs the cancel command and all data is lost, while I would want the save command to be called. i searched the docu and forum but see no simple way to control the priority of the commandbuttons or the setting to link a commandbutton to the enter key. any tips?

<apex:pageblockbuttons location="top">
        <apex:commandButton value="Opslaan" action="{!saveall}" tabindex="0" rerender="mdw,arb"/>
        <apex:commandButton value="Annuleren" action="{!cancelall}" immediate="true"/>
      </apex:pageblockbuttons>

ps: in dutch opslaan = save, annuleren = cancel

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Have you handled the key event(Enter Key)? Add the following attribute to your key event and use javascript that takes appropriate action. Find below the sample code :

<script type="text/javascript">         

function noenter(e){              

if(window.event){                   

key = window.event.keyCode;     //IE               

}

else{                   

key = e.which;     //firefox              

}              

if(key == 13) {                   

var ele=document.getElementById('page:crit:gobutton');                                                                                                                                             

ele.click();                    

return false;              

} else{                   

return true;              

}         

}    

</script>    

Hope this helps.

MarceldeBMarceldeB

Hi, thanks for your support.

I put the script in and added a generic call in the first line of the script:

window.onkeypress = noenter;

and see the function is called (by adding a message to the script), but no saving yet. I changed the component call to:

var ele=document.getElementById('{!$component.savebutton}');

where savebutton is the id of my button, but still he doesn't seem to find it. What am I doing wrong with the button component-reference?