function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Dave SullivanDave Sullivan 

Emailing Dashboard w/ Visualforce Component?

I have a dashboard that has a VF component on it that displays a simple table.  I have it scheduled to email the report on a daily basis to several people.  The VF component does not render in the e-mail.  Is there a way to fix this?  Or, is there a way to give people in my org who do not have salesforce logins access to the dashboard information?  Can I, for example, render the whole thing as a PDF and send that in an email?

paul-lmipaul-lmi

I'd like to know the same.  As I see it, the whole VF inside a dashboard is a hack at this point.  On top of not being able to do what's stated above, you also can't refresh that dashboard and have the VF components rerender properly.  You have to hit refresh for the dashboard non-VF components to refresh, and then F5 to see your VF changes.

There's no clean way to tightly integrate with dashboards or reports, at this time.  I have heard that in Winter '11, apex will be exposing reports as something you can work with, but I didn't see much detail on that, namely, how deep you can actually tie into reports.  If it's fully implemented, you may be able to go completely custom and render a VF page of "reports" as a PDF, and "maybe", just turn that VF page into a VF email template (but I doubt it).

Time will tell.

Dave SullivanDave Sullivan

Yes, this stuff is pretty frustrating for me because I'm at the point where I'm having to learn flash to implement charting functionality that salesforce doesn't provide, I have to write apex classes and visualforce pages to show reports the way I need them, the out of box functionality is pretty lacking in many respects.  After using salesforce for a few years, every time I want to do something, I spend more time working around salesforce's limitations than I would if I just wrote it from scratch...

palgpalg

Hi Dave,

Did you found te solution of how to send Visualforce reports through Dashboard daily to non salesforce users?

I have the same requirement. Please help if you know the solution to this issue.

Thanks,

pal

BA_AdminBA_Admin

Does anybody have solution on this one ?