function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
azz211azz211 

URL No Longer Exists

I am trying to pass a record ID via URL for a VisualForce page and continually receive a URL No Longer Exists error. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or is URL not properly referenced? See URL below. 

The VF page is based on a standardController for a custom object. I plan on extending the standardController but can't even get the basics to work. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks. 

https://c.na7.visual.force.com/apex/ReviewData/?id=a0gA0000002BBZa

GobbledigookGobbledigook

Hey there,

I can't see your Code; it takes me to a login page.  Could you copy and paste? 

But some general tips on passing parameters:

If you are passing in a parameter to the Visualforce page from a custom button, you can try:

/a0F/e?TestURL={!CustomObject__c.URL__c}
and in the Visualforce page to grab that ID for whatever use:

<apex:inputField value={!AnotherCustomObject__c.CustomField__c} id="TestURL" />

If you are passing from Controller Extension to Controller Extension:

Sender:

PageReference Test = "TargetVisualforce Page";

Test.getParameters().put('Anything', CustomObject__c.URL__c);

(The 'Anything' is the placeholder, it can be named anything you want.  The CustomObject__c.URL__c is the value you are passing)

Receiver:

AnotherCustomObject__c.CustomField__c = system.CurrentPageReference.getParameters().get('Anything');

And finally, from Visualforce page to Visualforce page:

(On first page)

<apex:outputlink value="apex/Page2" > Click Me <apex:param name="msg" value="success" /> </apex:outputlink>

This passes a URL parameter msg=success to be grabbed by the second page using one of the two methods above.  

Hope this helps in any way.

azz211azz211

Thanks for the rely

According to the VF workbook I should be able to put in the following into a page:

<apex:page standardController="Competency__c">
<apex:detail />
</apex:page>

And then reference a specific record by appending the record Id to the end of the URL. Like:

https://c.na7.visual.force.com/apex/ReviewData/?id​=a0gA0000002BBZa (This won't link to anything I am using it as an example showing the Id appended to the end)

At which point I should see the detail page for the specific record whose id is appended to the end of the URL.

In the workbook the reference uses na3.salesforce.com but I am redirected using c.na7.visual.force.com, however when I append the id as directed I received the URL No Longer Exisits. I know the id exists because I cut and pasted it directly from the listviews page. Is there something wrong with my settings?

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

It seems that something is unusual in URL. Remove the '/' next to ReviewData, then it should be work fine :

https://c.na7.visual.force.com/apex/ReviewData?id=a0gA0000002BBZa