function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ram2forceram2force 

where i want to start developing

I want to Create new Visual force page....where i want to start developing...........In force.com tutorials and websites.......in some places they said we can use HTML....some places use Eclipse IDE for development..........in some places they use Development mode in Developer Edition itself.......Why this much confusions.....Last 1 week I didn't conform in which Language I will develop....In which IDE or Editor I will develop............Lot of confusions...........

Simply say I want to Create a Tab like(like Accounts, Contacts,Cases,Solutions) and then I will show a map on that page..........How to do this......Please say Which IDE or Editor I want to use....how to use.....In Which Language i want develop.....

Plz clear my doubts........I am in lot of confusions.........

joshbirkjoshbirk

Probably the quickest way is, within your org, go:

Setup -> Develop -> Pages

Create a new page.  From there you can write HTML and you can use Visualforce tags as well.  If you just need to embed a map, you can cut and paste the code in between the apex:page tags.  From there, give it a label and name, then hit save.

No go to:

Setup -> Create -> Tabs

Click on "New" next to Visualforce Tabs.  You should see your page in a drop down. Select it, give it a title/label/icon/etc.  Now hit save.

The tab should now be available alongside other tabs like Account, Contacts, etc.

Hope that helps.  We don't mean to confuse with the various options out there, just that some are better than others in most case.  Eclipse makes it easy to deal with large projects, the developer mode make it easy to do quick editing and fixes, and the inline editor within the org is great for just creating something quick like the above.

ram2forceram2force

Thank you Very much..........I had lot confusions.....Now i am clear after your guide........Also I have doubt....which is best for visual force pages using HTML or Visual force tags???

Also I want to create Public sites...for that which language is best.....I think in force.com siteforce they  said.....create domain...after create sites(1 site for developer edition)....then in sites we can create no.of visual force pages.....for this which language can i use.......how to use that.....in which IDE i will use.....

My task is,

I want to Create a site in free Edition and give it other organisation.That organisation person Simply go to browser(without buy salesforce CRM)-->Type Url of Organisation(domain  created by me )-------->Person can view the Site Page.

Is it possible..........Any Charges shall I want to pay for Salesforce for Creating domain,(or) anything pay by organisation. please clear my doubts..........

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

You can use Visualforce in combination with HTML too for developing pages.

Use Eclipse Force.com IDE, Access it here.

The task which you are specifying can be done and without any charges to be paid to salesfroce for creating domain.

But you should be aware of limitations that a Free Edition will have.

ram2forceram2force

So I can create a domain in Cloud Platform using Free Edition.

Then for my task which one Edition is best Developer Edition or Free Edition....

Both are for Developing only...why salesforce divided into two....For which people developer Edition is used....same way for which people Free Edition is used........

Now Which one best for my Task.......

Also I read After creating Domain name, Create sites...then Create Visual force pages.......is it same as creating Visual force pages created in Application(Creating Tabs, Fileds in CRM Service Application)...

or For creating sites we use Any other Development Environment and Language.......

Can we use HTML(Like visual force creation) for site creation.....................

Then one Large doubt is,  What is the use of Apex codings(like Java Codings) in the force.com??????..........

Plz clear my doubts...............

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

See, you can create Force.com Sites using Force.com Free Edition as well as Developer Edition.

Developer Edition has more limitaitions when compared with Free Edition.

With Developer Edition, you will have a choice for the Domain Name as you wish but where as with Free Edition, salesforce itself generates the domain name for you.

Developer Edition is used to develop custom applications that could be distributed to customers which could be found on AppExchange.

Free Edition is a Productio org which comes with a Sandbox account that can be used for developing and testing.

I prefer Free Edition in your case.

In Visualforce page, you can use HTML tags too for development.

Apex Code runs on Force.com Platform. Apex is used to develop the business logic.

You can find documentation for Visualforce, Apex and much more here

ram2forceram2force

Thank you for your Kind Answers.......Now I try to create a site using developer edition...

1) Created a domain name

2)Created a site

3) Then try to Create Visual force page for that site....

Click on Site Label(In sites page below Domain name)---->Site details page opened------>In that Site visual force pages, Site Standard pages, Error pages are there....where can I Create new Visualforce page for site??.....

if i create these pages It will show pages in CRM software itself.....I want to Show that Page display like normal Websites....Simply say i want to create Websites like this.websites.

How to write that....Which Editor I want to use???....You have already said I can use visualforce and HTML tags..That is no problem......Plz clear my doubts............