function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Leigh0725Leigh0725 

Rerender Details section not showing VF Page

Okay, this really shouldn't be that difficult.  I have a VF with a custom object for standard controller.  This object has a child that I will be displaying record in a table and then have the details rendered below the table.  Much like the examle in the VF developer guide done with Account and Contact.  I got it to work, however, it seems like the details section is refreshing with the standard page layout for the object.  Now, I did do the override for the 'View' option, so when I click on a single record of the 'child' object, the right VF page is shown. 

My code is no different than the one in the example, just changed the names to fit my objects/fields.  Can you not do a VF page within a VF page?

bmabma

Can you provide an example of the page markup?

thanks,

billy

Leigh0725Leigh0725

I apologize for the delayed reply, things have been a little hectic.  We actually decided to go in a different direction and have a new window pop up with the detail information displaying in the VF page we want.  The users were happy with this route.  I do appreciate your willingness to help.