function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yvk431yvk431 

Field Dependancy in VisualForce

Hi ,

I've been working on some search criteria, for which i need to display picklist from different objects , but inorder to dispaly the picklist and their dependacies we need to have object level permissions (CRED) .

So my question is , that  there is any other way to get the dependant values , instead of querying the whole object as there are more than 20000 records and I am hitting the limits for few combinations.

Just wanted to know that it is possible using Global Describe or something ........

Shoby Abdi.ax910Shoby Abdi.ax910

I believe you need to clarify on your use case. If your speaking of the ability to use dependent picklists generated on an object that has been a feature since Summer '10

http://blog.sforce.com/sforce/2010/05/dependent-picklist-improvements-in-summer-10.html

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Field dependency of picklist type has been included in summer'10 so that main dependency between the fields by assigning controlling field and dependent  field in org.You can handle the dependency in visual force page through inputfield.

yvk431yvk431

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your views

But I think you didnt get my question right , I am asking is there a way to get field dependency directly (like using Global describe)

As i am having some issues in giving the CRED permissions for that object , as I need to have Read, Create on Product object inorder to  get standard field dependencies on a visual force page