function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nimbusprojectnimbusproject 

Spring '11: 'No Visualforce context has been established' SOAP

I am running a managed package that queries an established Webservice. 

An error occurs when my Javascript attempts to render the results of the service response, when I examine the SOAP response via Fiddler, I find the faultstring has been set as: "No Visualforce context has been established"--

So the service is breaking when the context of the VisualForce page I'm requesting is being built?

This issue does not appear to affect instances earliar than Spring '11

Thoughts?

Updated: Giving it some thought, I think the issue is probably not with the VisualForce page, but the method that is generating it, anyways, here is another post I made in the APEX Section with some more specifics: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/Operation-APEXSOAP-Status-Internal-Salesforce-com-Error/m-p/243403

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
pmorellipmorelli

I just checked, it looks like a fix for this is scheduled to be released Wed 2/16, if everything goes as planned.

All Answers

jwetzlerjwetzler

Definitely log a case with support, you should never see that error message.

We already have, based on my last post.

Here is the case: 

Jill,

If at all possible can you have someone take a look at this today, we have a large installed user-base for our product that is completely broken in Spring '11.

We are also going to escalate this via our Partner portal account.

System Log

Fiddler Output (SOAP Fault):

pmorellipmorelli

I just checked, it looks like a fix for this is scheduled to be released Wed 2/16, if everything goes as planned.

This was selected as the best answer

pmorelli wrote:

really? Where did you read this?

pmorellipmorelli
I work at sfdc. I looked at our internal bug tracker. ;o)

pmorelli wrote:

Well than! You'll get an 'accepted solution' from me... our rework without the webservice should be done by than... I talked to sfdc (and he said Tier 3/Q&A was investigating so...) thanks for getting to this so fast.

pmorelli wrote:

We got a report that this was not part of the 'bug fix' that got pushed? Or that it didn't get pushed at all...? Either way it's still not working. Thoughts?

pmorellipmorelli

looks like our scheduled patch got rolled back last night. scheduled for another try tonight. 

pmorellipmorelli

how does it look now, the patch went out...

sorry about the delay! yes, this patch seems to have fixed our issue!