function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
svidyansvidyan 

Override standard Edit|Del link in table

Hi,

I want to override the Edit|Del link in the related list table row.

How do I get access to the data of the corresponding child record? what is VF method to get the values of the corresponding child row so that I can use it in the override?

{!object } will give the current parent record, right? How do I get the correct child record ?

thanks

svidyan

marioluisscmarioluissc
<apex:dataTable id="table_attach" columnsWidth="50px,50px" value="{!Attachs}" var="t" cellpadding="10" styleClass="list" border="0">
    <apex:column >
  <a href="/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file={!t.id}">View</a> </apex:column> <apex:column > <apex:commandLink status="mostra_status" rerender="table_attach" action="{!delAttach}">Del <apex:param name="del_attach" value="{!t.Id}"/> </apex:commandLink> </apex:column> <apex:column headerValue="Name"> <apex:outputfield value="{!t.Name}"></apex:outputfield> </apex:column> <apex:column headerValue="Description"> <apex:outputfield value="{!t.description}"></apex:outputfield> </apex:column> </apex:dataTable>

svidyansvidyan

Thanks for the reply, but I'm  afraid I dont understand the solution to my question here.

Is the code you provided the way it is being done internally in Salesforce page?

I dont understand what variable will I use in my overrride page of the Edit link to get the values of that particular row?

Is there a VF variable to access the current row?

Will { !id } give the id of the current row?

thanks

svidyan