function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
crikketlangcrikketlang 

Autopupulate with the ability to edit

Ok so im back again with another question regarding autopopulating fields and am looking for some direction from others. We have a custom object called Requests that allows the user to select a type (page layout) and then launches a web form so to speak. At this point in time none of the requests are visualforce pages and are just all done native using page layout builders. The issue im running into now is that we have circumstances in some requests where we would like to have contact lookups, and then have other fields automatically populated with the corresponding fields of the selected contact(s) WITHOUT a formula. I know how to do autopopulating this way only by passing the values from the contact page to the end request through a url button but we cannot have a million buttons on the contact/account for every different request to do this. I belive there is a better way to do this.

Does anyone have any advice on the topic or would care to share how you guys do autopopulation to allow a lookup to populate fields and still leave them editable?

any help is much appreciated

crikketlangcrikketlang

i was thinking maybe placing the lookups in some type of container maybe and then using the values that are associated with that record to somehow populate the fields on a rerender once the lookup is complete? I'm not even sure if i can trigger the rerender after the lookup record has been selected versus just when the lookup button is clicked.