function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RRRizeRRRize 

Is it possible to see the source code of the Opportunity page? If so, how?

Since it's not possible to edit the source code of standard pages, I would like to be able to see the source code of the Opportunity page so that I can copy it and paste it into a Visualforce page then add some other needed elements into it and ultimately replace the Opportunities page with it.

Is it possible for me to see the source code?  If so, how?

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Damien_Damien_

Closest thing I can come up with to what you want is doing... This will give you the PageLayout that you have setup for the Opportunities, and if you would like to add additional functionality it allows you to use it while at the same time using the setup of the Original Opportunity page.

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">

<apex:detail />

</apex:page>

All Answers

Damien_Damien_

Closest thing I can come up with to what you want is doing... This will give you the PageLayout that you have setup for the Opportunities, and if you would like to add additional functionality it allows you to use it while at the same time using the setup of the Original Opportunity page.

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">

<apex:detail />

</apex:page>

This was selected as the best answer
RRRizeRRRize

Actually, we've tried that but too many unresolvable glitches arose with implementing the VF page into the Opportunity page.

It would be a huge advantage if we could actually look at and copy the Opportunity source code and paste it into a new VF page and just add our updates on that.  Would anyone know if it is possible to see (not edit) the source code of the Opportunity page?

deherledeherle

Hi Ron,

Is this something you figured out?  I'm looking to do the exact same thing (copy the source for the Opportunity page, paste it into a new VF page and make some small changes) in our SF instance.

Thanks.

Darin

RRRizeRRRize

Hey Darin!  Unfortunately, I have not gotten a sufficient answer to this point.  I did manage to speak to someone at Salesforce but they were not aware of how this can be done or even IF it can be done.  So, they arranged to put me in contact with someone who can possibly help.  We've made arrangements to talk tomorrow, so maybe I will have some good news then.  I will be sure to post up my findings here on this thread, but feel free to PM me and we can arrange to talk once I get a response.

Ron