function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
community Name.ax928community Name.ax928 

Action support fuction not working in IE

Hi,

I have given the same VF page using a very simple example invoking the action region, I am seeing that it works only in FireFox, Chrome and not in IE. 

here is scenario,

we have checkbox called "create  new task".  it is defaulted to true and status, priority and subject are not required at that time.

once i check that box these three field are need to be required automatically.

this scenario is working in Firefox and Chrome but not in IE.

can anyone me how to solve this issue.

Here is the Code:

<apex:pageBlockSection title="Task Information" columns="2" id="TaskInformation" rendered="true">
    <apex:pageBlockSectionItem >
       <apex:outputLabel for="no Task">Create new Task upon conversion</apex:outputLabel>
       <apex:actionRegion >   
           <apex:inputCheckBox selected="false" value="{!CreateTaskUponConversion}">
           <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" reRender="TaskInformation"/>        
            </apex:inputCheckbox>
            </apex:actionRegion>   
    </apex:pageblockSectionItem>

<apex:outputLabel for="Status">Status</apex:outputLabel>
          <apex:inputField required="{!CreateTaskUponConversion}" value="{!Task.Status}" />
  </apex:pageBlockSectionItem>
             <apex:outputLabel for="Priority">Priority</apex:outputLabel>
        <apex:inputField required="{!CreateTaskUponConversion}" value="{!Task.Priority}" />
              <apex:outputLabel for="Subject">Subject</apex:outputLabel>
         <apex:inputField required="{!CreateTaskUponConversion}" value="{!Task.subject}" />
</apex:pageblocksection>
thanks in advance
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
joshbirkjoshbirk

Which version of IE?  I wonder if the onchange event isn't firing for it - would onclick work any better?

All Answers

Damien_Damien_

I had an issue with getting my apex componenets to work correctly in ie when they were successfully working in Firefox or Chrome.  The problem was that when the webbrowsers rendered the webpage they got an error.  When ie got the error it stops executing anything dynamic.  Once I fixed the error, ie began to work again.

Just an idea in case your code is actually correct, because I don't see anything wrong with it.

joshbirkjoshbirk

Which version of IE?  I wonder if the onchange event isn't firing for it - would onclick work any better?

This was selected as the best answer
community Name.ax928community Name.ax928

Hey thanks for the help.

its working fine when i changed to 'onclick'

thanks again