function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dahurtdahurt 

customizing the task page

I was thinking of modifying the "New Task" page and "Task Detail" page to give it a sales engineering look and feel.

Is there a way to copy the code from the New Task page so that I can edit the label and then save it as a new page called Sales Engineer proposal request page.

I also need to create a button that will be placed on the opportunity page that lets the owner request a quote proposal which would create a new "sales engineering proposal request" task.

Is there sample code somewhere on how to create a button that calls a new custom page?

Thanks

cantchanandcantchanand

Create Visual force page and Overwride new Button of Task. So that no need to create custom new button.

Let me know if you need any help on this.

Afzal MohammadAfzal Mohammad

Here is sample javascript which will redirect to a custom page.

window.parent.location.href='/apex/CUSTOM_PAGE_NAME?id={!Opportunity.Id};

Hope that helps.

Afzal

dahurtdahurt

Creating the visualforce page is my basic challenge...I don't have any Java coding experience. I've decided to move away from Tasks and use the Case object instead. I'd like to be able to edit the Case Edit and Detail pages to change the name from Case to SE Proposal (or the like).

What's the best way to reuse existing code? I'd like to be able to take the standard Case Edit page and repurpose it to my needs.