function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CTISJH1CTISJH1 

Problem disabling and enabling an inputField

I have a visualforce page that is used to get customer information. I want the form to disable an inputField that asks for the customers age if the customer checks the Do Not Disclose box. I have been unable to get this to work unless I use an inputText box and set it to a string variable.

Controller Code:

public string age         { get; set; }       
 public boolean disclose   { get; set; }
 public boolean disable    { get; set; }
public void doDisable() {  
if(disclose == true) disable = true;  
if(disclose == false) disable = false;
}

VisualForce Page:

<apex:pageBlock id="agedisable" mode="edit"> 

<apex:actionRegion >

<apex:inputText value="{!age}" disabled="{!disable}"/>                          
    <apex:inputCheckbox value="{!disclose}">
        <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!doDisable}" reRender="agedisable"/>                              
    </apex:inputCheckbox> 

</apex:actionRegion>

</apex:pageBlock>

I want to be able to use an inputField instead of an inputText field but when I try to disable an inputField or an inputText field set to an integer variable it will disable when I check the inputCheckbox but when I uncheck it, it remains disabled.

Also, when I have the age field set to string and it is able to disable and enable properly, once I check the checkbox the formatting of my page changes and a large space shows up between the checkbox field and the next field in my form. Is there a way to avoid this?

- Jim Hutcherson

suresh.csksuresh.csk

I have another idea.dont  know works for you or not.

Use output panel to show inputText field and inputField when you check the check box.

something like this....

<apex:actionRegion >

<apex:outputPanel id="p1"  rendered="{!panel1}">
<apex:inputText value="{!Name}" disabled="{!disable}"/>
</apex:outputPanel>

<apex:outputPanel rendered="{!panel2}">
 <apex:inputField value="{!Name}"/>                          

<apex:inputCheckbox value="{!disclose}">
 <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!doDisable}" reRender="agedisable"/>                              
 </apex:inputCheckbox>

</apex:actionRegion>

cheers

suresh

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Find below a sample code :

VF CODE:

<apex:page controller="disableInputField">

<apex:form >

<apex:actionFunction action="{!disableCloseDateInput}" rerender="oppName"/>

<apex:actionFunction action="{!enableCloseDateInput}" rerender="oppName"/>

<apex:inputCheckbox/> <b>Disable inputField</b><br/>

<apex:inputCheckbox onclick="actinFunc2()"/> <b>Enable inputField</b><br/><br/>

Opportunity Name:

<apex:outputPanel>

<apex:inputField value="{!opp.CloseDate}" required="false"/>

<script>document.getElementById('{!$Component.oppNameInput}').disabled = {!disableInput}; </script>

</apex:form>

</apex:page>

Controller code:

public class disableInputField {

public Opportunity opp {get; set;}

public Boolean disableInput {get; set;}

public disableInputField(){

opp = new Opportunity();

}

public void disableCloseDateInput(){

disableInput = true;

}

public void enableCloseDateInput(){

disableInput = false;

}

}