function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pradyprady 

can i call a vf page as popup from link button in a standard page?

Hi,

I want to show a popup of list of cases without parentid and allow to select usign checkbox and the selected cases are added up in a related list. This popup would be availabe on clicking of link button

First question would be can i call a vf page as popup from a standard page?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can indeed.  When you create a custom button for a standard/custom object, you can specify the Behaviour as "Display in New Window" and the Content Source as Visualforce Page.

Note that in order to use a VF page in this way it will need to use the standard controller of the object in question - that is, if you create a button on the account object, the visualforce page must use the account standard controller otherwise it won't appear in the list.

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

You can call a VF page from any button or link. For this  Select a 'Visualforce Page' in Content Source picklist and select your VF page from content picklist.

pradyprady

I know we can call a VF page, but i guess it opens a new page, can it comeup as a popup?

Vanessa BarrosVanessa Barros

hi! you can do with javascript.

Try this to see if is what you know

<INPUT type="button" value="New Window!" onClick="window.open('http://www.pageresource.com/jscript/jex5.htm','mywindow','width=400,height=200')">

Vanessa BarrosVanessa Barros

this is from a button but you can do through a link

<A HREF="javascript&colon;newwindow()" ></A>

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Set the behaviour on your custom button to open in new window - that will give you a popup.