function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kfkaalkfkaal 

Activate first input field in a list

I have to iterate through a List of a custom object and display the datafields as inputfields.

My first field is a Picklist, the second is a Date field.

When it's done, it activates the second field (datefield) in the first dataset (it the shows the calendar under the field). I want to have the focus on the first, the Picklist field.

Is there any way, how I could determin that the first input field is selected?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

just put the script in the code  by this you can avoid the defalut loading on the date field

script:

<script>

function setFocusOnLoad(){}

</script>

after this you can set the focus on the control where ever you want .. 

kfkaalkfkaal

Thanks for the valueable hint.

But as I said: the focus needs to be on the first input field (picklist), not as automatically selected the second field (date).

With your javascript code, I can take the focus away from the datefield. My problem after that is to find the id of the picklist field and set the focus to it. 

Either I would need to set the id of the picklist field (and only the first entry) to something like 'firstPicklist', or I would put my Id of the dataset into the id of that picklist field - but then the javascript would need to know about the id of the first dataset.

Any idea about this problem?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

try this

<apex:page standardController="Auto__c"> <script>function setFocusOnLoad() {} </script> <apex:form > <apex:pageBlock > <apex:inputField id="ipid" value="{!Auto__c.Naming__c}"/> <script> var ipid = document.getElementById('{!$component.ipid}'); </script> <apex:inputField value="{!Auto__c.Date__c}"/> </apex:pageBlock> </apex:form> <script> ipid.focus(); </script> 

</apex:page>

kfkaalkfkaal

Thank you for your advice.

But my problem is that I have to iterate through a list (somehow like massedit) and build lines of input fields for each dataset.

So, I need to identify the first field (top left) field in this table to be able to set the correct focus.

Any ideas on that?