function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sam27Sam27 

inlineEditSupport not working properly

Hi,

I created some report through apex & visualforce and provided the inline editing for different fields through <apex:inlineEditSupport> tag on double click

<apex:inlineEditSupport id="apEdit" event="ondblClick" disabled="false" />

According to our requirement we suppressed some of ondblclick attribute from some field.

Yesterday I found that all the inline edit  function which were earlier attached on double click started firing on single click. And this is breaking much of the functionality.

Anyone have any idea as why its happening or got the similar problem ??

It is astonishing to see such a major change without any prior notice even when the event for inlineEditSupport tag is 'ondblclick'.

kindly put any information you have regarding this.

Thanks

Sam

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi

You can do it in this way

<apex:inlineEditSupport event="ondblClick" showOnEdit="saveButton,cancelButton" hideOnEdit="editButton" /> 

Thanks

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi Sam,

Try this link. I hope it will be helpful for you.

http://salesforceworld.blogspot.com/2011/06/inline-editing-in-visualforce-page.html

Chamil's Blog

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

Sam27Sam27

guys thanx for looking into it.

the problem still persists......i even tried that simple example from the blog.....

but instead of doubleclick inline edit option is firing on single click......and i am speechless as why its happening.

can anyone of you run that example and verify that it's only my problem or everyone's.

problem : even when i m providing event="ondblclick" the inline edit is working on single click.

thanx

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi Sam

Yes you are right,it is working for Single Click only,Dont know the problem but it is working

for Single Click only,though we gave it as DoubleClick.

Thanks