function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DevNVDevNV 

Basic VF page giving 'Invalid Session ID' error in Chrome/IE but not FF

I have a very basic VF page, no extensions, that is working fine in Firefox.  When I open it in IE or Chrome I'm gettig an Invalid Session ID error message, and then the page loads just fine.  No ajax, no scripting.  Has anyone seen this before?  The page is set to override the opportunityProduct Edit link and is below:

<apex:page standardController="OpportunityLineItem">
  <apex:form >
  <apex:sectionHeader title="Opportunity Product Edit" subtitle="{!OpportunityLineItem.PricebookEntry.product2.name}"/>

<apex:pageBlock title="Opportunity Product Edit" mode="edit">
      <apex:pageBlockButtons >
          <apex:commandButton action="{!save}" value="Save"/>
          <apex:commandButton action="{!cancel}" value="Cancel"/>
      </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageblockSection title="Product Information">
          <apex:outputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.opportunity.name}"/>
          <apex:inputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.quantity}" required="true"/>
          <apex:outputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.PricebookEntry.product2.name}"/>
          <apex:inputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.Unit_Price__c}" required="true"/>
          <apex:outputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.PricebookEntry.product2.productcode}"/>          
          <apex:inputField value="{!OpportunityLineItem.Discount__c}"/>
      </apex:pageblockSection>

</apex:pageBlock>
  </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Any thoughts?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Normally, session errors in a browser are related to browser settings. Try using the IE recommended settings (from Help). I've never had a problem with sessions on any computer I've ever used, including computers running Safari, Firefox, Chrome, IE (6, 7, and 8, 32-bit and 64-bit). A page like the one you've posted should never fail. Perhaps the only exception to this is if you visit a VF page, then revisit it many hours later (after the organization's session timeout setting).