function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sushieatersushieater 

articleRendererToolBar not appearing - 404 error

I'm trying to use the articleRendererToolBar as per the documentation

<knowledge:articleRendererToolBar
              articleId="{! $CurrentPage.parameters.id}"
          />

Nothing gets displayed, but I do find some html elements are created. I can go through the stylesheet and remove entries that are hiding these elements and I can see the stars. There is no functionality though. Rolling mouse over results in javascript errors

1. Uncaught ReferenceError: mouseoverStar is not defined
The root cause appears to be the missing javascript file. The page is requesting jslibrary/VOTE which results in a 404. I've tried this on a developer edition as well as the corporate sandbox.
Anyone know what's gone wrong here?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
francoisLfrancoisL

Can you precise for which channel this VF is designed? Because articlerenderertoolbar is not design to work for unauthenticated iste user. 

Thanks,

All Answers

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi, 

Normally, you are using this articleRendererToolbar with a knowledge controller. In this case, you can try this alternative:

<apex:page standardController="FAQ__kav">
    <knowledge:articleRendererToolbar articleId="{!FAQ__kav.KnowledgeArticleId}" />

</apex:page>

Does it work better? Thanks. 

sushieatersushieater

Hi, 

Thanks for the quick response, but behaviour is the same.

The page still receives a 404 when attempting to request "jslibrary/VOTE".

francoisLfrancoisL

Can you precise for which channel this VF is designed? Because articlerenderertoolbar is not design to work for unauthenticated iste user. 

Thanks,

This was selected as the best answer
sushieatersushieater

This is for a Public Knowledge Base.

Is there anyway to use this component or similar functionality with the Public Knowledge Base?

Thank you. 

francoisLfrancoisL

If you speak about voting, the answer is no. 

But if it's for the rest,  you can have a try adding canVote=false as attribute to articleRendererToolbar.

sushieatersushieater

Setting "canVote=false" does not change the behaviour. This doesn't look like it will be usefull for me anymore anyways. Thank you for the help.