function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pemonpemon 

Visualforce - how to organise a vf page into two sections side by side

Hi,

I am new to Visualforce. I am trying to display pages to users who will have a user script on one side of the page

and input fields on the other. For now, I have created two vf pages - one using Flow for the input and one that displays a mock up of a user script helping in the creation of a record.

How do I have the script display down one side while they enter data and follow the flow through to creation of a record  on the other

vhanson222vhanson222

I would create another visualforce page to mashup the two independent pages and display each page in its own iFrame.  A very basic idea of how to do this is below:

<apex:page>
    <apex:form>
        <div style="float:left">
            <apex:iframe src="/apex/page1" scrolling="true" id="theIframe" width="50%"/>
        </div>
        <apex:iframe src="/apex/page2" scrolling="true" id="theIframe" width="50%"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

Hope that helps.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

<apex:page>
	<table>
		<tbody>
			<tr>
				<td>
					<apex:include pageName="page1">

</apex:include>
				</td>
				<td>
					<apex:include pageName="page2">

</apex:include>
				</td>
			</tr>
		</tbody>
	</table>

That'll work depending on your specific needs as well. There's a ton of different ways to do it; it depends on how you want it visually presented.

Chamil MadusankaChamil Madusanka

Hi,

Try this,

<apex:page >
    <apex:form >

<apex:iframe src="/apex/pageOne" scrolling="true" id="Iframe1" width="50%"/>

<apex:iframe src="/apex/pageTwo" scrolling="true" id="Iframe2" width="50%"/>
    </apex:form>

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

Chamil's Blog