function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hoomelhoomel 

Internal server error

Hello,

I am currently having some trouble with a very unspecific error message.

An internal server error has occurred
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!

Error ID: 1532630577-98471 (-2023769877) 

It happens as soon as I remove the {get;set;} from a List<String> and write the getter-methods separately.

This is what causes the error:

public List<String> toList;
public List<String> ccList;
public List<String> getToList(){
		return toList;
	}
public List<String> getCCList(){
		return ccList;
	}

And this is how the error disappears:

public List<String> toList{get;set;}
	public List<String> ccList{get;set;}

As the error message does not give any information at all, is it possible to find out more about what is causing the error?

Or is there something wrong how I wrote the getter-method? I do not expect that to be the problem, because I did that a couple of times before, but maybe there is something wrong?

Maybe there is a possibility to search for that Error ID to get some more information? I could not find anything in that direction.

This currently stops my progress, so any hint at all would be great!

Regards,

hoomel

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Your getters look okay to me.

Unfortunately, its not usually possible to find out more information, as this indicates an error that wasn't trapped by the platform.  I've found in the past I have to raise it with support and wait for a fix to be found.

The only difference is that you have a setter for the automatic variables, but not when you code the getter - is that just because it wasn't pasted in.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Your getters look okay to me.

Unfortunately, its not usually possible to find out more information, as this indicates an error that wasn't trapped by the platform.  I've found in the past I have to raise it with support and wait for a fix to be found.

The only difference is that you have a setter for the automatic variables, but not when you code the getter - is that just because it wasn't pasted in.

This was selected as the best answer
aballardaballard

It does look like there was some problem with the property being read-only (because of no setter), but expecting to be writable.

How was it used in the page?

(Obviously should not have generated an internal error like this even if there is something wrong with your usage....)

hoomelhoomel

I had to replace that part of my code after all, so the error is gone.

In the end I think it actually was a missing setter, as I was using the lists in a SelectList.

But thowing this kind of error really made me think about something worse.