function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
lavulavu 

WEBSERVICE CALL

i have a requirement that

Goal: Synchronous call from SF.com to any simple Web Service (search party)hosted behind  firewall

The principal ICS calls are:

search party,retrieve party,maintain party,maintain preference

currently use search party to code SF.com component to call Web Service

.create a party object with two fields like party id,party name and we will try to make the search party webservice call to verify the initial connections and response time . PartyID is vital !!! It is your foreign key in SF.com to ICS. You may want to include phone_number, first_name, last_name, address as these are "good" candidates for ICS search.whenever giving the info it goes to ics service ,search and display back.how to call the webservice

can any one suggest how to do this (call webservice)

sdetweilsdetweil

so,

1. get the WSDL definition for the web service. this will give you the functions to call and the data types of the function parameters.

2. use this WSDL with the setup->create->apex classes->from wsdl button to create the apex class that will handle the communications with your  webservice

3. use the setup->security controls-remote site settings to register the URL of the web service to SF.

this URL must be reachable from the internet onto your intranet. sf doesn't provide any magic here.

4. write a SF Visual force page that will collect parameters for the webservice

5. write a SF apex class,  page controller, to take the parameters, call the webservice, and return the data to the page.

i had to work with my IT group to open a port on our firewall, and handle all the security issues for inbound service requests to make the webservice accesible from SF, step 3.   there is no magic here.

sam