function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sushieatersushieater 

knowledge:articleList filter by multiple categories

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article"  	        				  
hasMoreVar="hasMore" pageSize="10" articleTypes="Samples_and_Demos__kav, How_To__kav" categories="Topic:Applications,Topic:Desktop">

I'm trying to specify more then one articleType and category as filters for the VF tag "articleList".

The documentation doesn't specify how to do this.

For ArticleType, seperating by a comma works fine as listed. If I do the same thing for "categories", I only get results from the 2nd category specified, instead of from both. In this example, I only get results from Topic:Desktop and not Topic:Applications

Is there a different syntax for specifying multiple categories or is this a bug?

thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
francoisLfrancoisL

Hi Sushieater,

VF compoment do not support multiple criteria on the same data category. If you want to achieve such query, you need to use SOSL/SOQL which support it.

All Answers

sushieatersushieater

Anyone?

francoisLfrancoisL

Hi Sushieater,

VF compoment do not support multiple criteria on the same data category. If you want to achieve such query, you need to use SOSL/SOQL which support it.

This was selected as the best answer
sushieatersushieater

Thanks again Francois for your help.

Is there any documentation somewhere that I might be missing? The only documentation I can find does not indicate that this should be the expected behaviour.

Thanks

francoisLfrancoisL

The documentation should be updated to specify that you cannot add multi-critria for the the same data category group. I enter a bug and hopefully the documentation will updated in this way.

Thanks, 

Wonder WomanWonder Woman

Hi Francois,

I am trying to query for articles for a specific category like this:

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="article" sortBy="mostViewed"  pageSize="10" categories="Course_Material:All:Math1:Quantitative_Analysis1" >

I have specified all the categories in the path but I want to have only articles that has the category Quantitative_Analysis1.

Currently I receive as a result also articles with the parent categories.

Can you please help?

Thanks,

Wonder woman

francoisLfrancoisL

With the tag, you cannot specify if you want to search for articles at an exact category. But using SOSL/SOQL, you have the control:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/dbcom_soql_sosl/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/sforce_api_calls_soql_select_with_datacategory.htm

z_harika88z_harika88

Hi francois,

We would like to get the articles that matches with multiple criteria of same data category group using <knowledge:articleList> tag.

Any update on this?

Thanks,

Harika.

francoisLfrancoisL

As mention in my previous post, you can search over multiple data category item using SOQL/SOSL but this option is not available using VF tag. 

Srinath TeramSrinath Teram

Is this possible now? I need to include child categories of the same datacategory group.

Ex: 

<knowledge:articleList articleVar="a"
categories="CG: Value1, CG: Value2"
>

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks,

Srinath