function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tbuckettbucket 

Visualforce Page to allow multiple related list entries...in Group Edition?!?!

I am needing to create a VF page to help speed up data entry into a related list.  This particular related list hangs off a custom object and it often has 3-5 entries per 'master' record.  The users want a way to enter the data for all 3-5 entries on one screen and SAVE once, instead of the standard UI way of ADD NEW..., enter data, SAVE...then repeating 5 times (even if they are able to clone sometimes.

Now for the possibly tricky part..this is in GROUP EDITION (GE)!

1) Is this possible without a trigger of any kind?  I'm assuming if I can do it without a trigger, and stick with standard components, actions, etc, I could do it in GE?  I'm asking because I feel it is risky to do anything but the very simple in GE, because you never know when you are going to hit a GE roadblock and stop you in your tracks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
tbuckettbucket

Thanks Ispita!  We might already have an AppExhange app installed....but I bet this group is not using it so I can uninstall it.  Thanks so much for the guidance...just wanted to make sure I was not wasting my time.

All Answers

IspitaIspita

In group edition you can install one application from AppExchange.

So you can develop your functionality in a developer org, which is free, create a an unmanaged package inclkude the functionality developed and install it in you GE org.

Hope this helps...

tbuckettbucket

Thanks Ispita!  We might already have an AppExhange app installed....but I bet this group is not using it so I can uninstall it.  Thanks so much for the guidance...just wanted to make sure I was not wasting my time.

This was selected as the best answer
IspitaIspita

Thankx buddy, but if it answered your query do mark it as a solution to help the community....