function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcbynitesfdcbynite 

dynamic wizard logic

We are creating a wizard that leads a user through a number of steps and based on their answer to each question will determine the next question.

Assuming I have created VF components to render each question and its only a matter of the logical flow (although this might be a good use case for Dynamic Visualforce Components) and I don't want to hard code the logic, what is the best way to store, parse and assemble the logical flow?

Should I create a custom object storing question answer, pointer to next question, or some sort of XML static resource or JSON, or something else?

Thanks for any suggestions people have,

Dovid

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

if this is series of questions and answers follwed bu the best way is using flows in the visualforce page.. this will reduce alot of coding effort....

sfdcbynitesfdcbynite

I thought flows might be a good option. Although I'll have to check whether my client will take the cost of flows or not.

Also do you know if I can still modify vf created by flows. Basically the idea is on top to have the questions and on the bottom a representation of the object being populated either in table format or apex:inputfields, so as the user is guided through the questions the fields below will automatically populate.

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

you can do what ever you want in the vf page.. and u can include the flow in the vf page