function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arishi0arishi0 

Expose a VF page on customer sites - how to do???

Hello,

I am creating a VF page in my org BUT I want to be able to expose it (once completed) in any one of my custromers website (not under the Force.com Sites platform).  

The idea is that every customer of mine should be able to see this reservation visualforce page in one of their webpages for their sites. The visualforce page should be able to send information to SF and then retrieve reuslts to which the customer will be able to select one of those results and send it back to SF for creating the custom record.

Imagine a hotel with a reservations component calling to SF to get the available rooms based on user input. Then displaying it in the webpage and sending back the selection from the user for processing in SF. This would resoult in a reservation record created in SF and more workflow to fire off.

I am not sure how to approach this....Any ideas?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The VF page will have to be served via Salesforce (i.e. via Sites) - there's no choice about that as your clients webservers can't host VF pages.

One way to achieve this is to add it as an iframe inside an existing page in your client's site.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The VF page will have to be served via Salesforce (i.e. via Sites) - there's no choice about that as your clients webservers can't host VF pages.

One way to achieve this is to add it as an iframe inside an existing page in your client's site.

This was selected as the best answer
arishi0arishi0

THank you, that is exactly waht I will do.  I had another option where I would add a link to the visualforce page from the customers website which would navigate away from their site into my force.com site where I could map the page styles according to the code the client has (and which is passed through URL parameters). 

I am unsure which one would be better, although I accept that your suggestion would also solve my issue. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Navigating away from the client site is an option, but the URL change can confuse and also if there are menus/links to other parts of the client site, you'd need to replicate those and ensure that you keep everything in step.

Sachin_KSachin_K

Hi Bob,

Do you know if we can expose SF as Iframe interface to a application without needing to authenticate. We can do the authetication programatically without needing  the user to enter the credetials explictly on the interface. Is that something doable.

Thanks,

Sachin

InteractiveLogicInteractiveLogic

I would very much like to know the answer to this as well... the authentication is a hassle and I'd like to be able to expose a page (or use an iframe... ick...).

So I think the answer to Sachin_K's question this is related to what I just posted with regard to exposing a Live Agent chat window.

Would be nice to know what our options are...

Thanks!

Silabs AdminSilabs Admin
Bob,

We would really appreciate if you can answer Sachin's question, as that is what I am looking for as well.

All I need is simple registration page which will connect to force.com and based on the date create a new customer portal user or use existing one. Once determined he should be auto logged in with that customer portal license. Am I even making sense?

regards
Mitesh
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can login to a portal programmatically as long as there is a force.com site associated with it - check out the wiki post at:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Authenticating_Users_on_Force.com_Sites