function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NK123NK123 

Salesforce winter 12 - Visualforce issue/crash

I have a visualforce page which is embedded in the parent page, which displays summary info. This page is working in production salesforce (salesforce11) and its not working in the sandboxes where the (salesforce 12) version is running. Looks like some feature/functionality is broken in the new release.

Here is the message I am getting in place of the visualforce container.

=====================================

Content cannot be displayed: java.io.NotSerializableException: common.apex.runtime.bytecode.BytecodeExecutionContext$DynamicContext Path to non-serializable object: ***VF Page Requested: 'pashaquotecharges' Object;@625bcadb[{}] Object;@7863224f[{, , 'j_id0', 'j_id0', 'javax.faces.Button', , , 'j_id0:j_id2', 'j_id2', 'javax.faces.Form', , 'j_id0:j_id2:block', 'block', 'javax.faces.Button', , , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock', 'resultsBlock', 'javax.faces.Button', , , , 'dataCell ', 2, 'totalRow ', 'headerRow ', 'if (window.hiOff){hiOff(this);} ', 'if (window.hiOn){hiOn(this);} ', 'dataRow even , dataRow odd ', 'list ',, 'value', , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id3:j_id4', 'j_id4', 'org.richfaces.renderkit.CellRenderer', , -2147483648, -2147483648, 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id3:j_id10', 'j_id10', 'javax.faces.Text', 'Terminal Handling', , , 'value', , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id3:j_id5', 'j_id5', 'org.richfaces.renderkit.CellRenderer', , -2147483648, -2147483648, 'rightalign', 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id3:j_id11', 'j_id11', 'javax.faces.Text', '$203.50', , , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id6', 'j_id6', 'javax.faces.Button', , , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id6:j_id7', 'j_id7', 'javax.faces.Label', , 'grandTotalText', 'rightalign', , , 'value', , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id6:grandTotalText', 'grandTotalText', 'javax.faces.Format', 'width:300px', 'rightalign', , 'j_id0:j_id2:j_id9', 'j_id9', 'javax.faces.Button', , }] Object;@17307a99[{}] Object;@6fc0deb3[{, , 'j_id0:j_id2', 'j_id2', 'javax.faces.Form', , 'j_id0:j_id2:block', 'block', 'javax.faces.Button', , , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock', 'resultsBlock', 'javax.faces.Button', , , , 'dataCell ', 2, 'totalRow ', 'headerRow ', 'if (window.hiOff){hiOff(this);} ', 'if (window.hiOn){hiOn(this);} ', 'dataRow even , dataRow odd ', 'list ', , 'value', , 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id3:j_id4', 'j_id4', 'org.richfaces.renderkit.CellRenderer', , -2147483648, -2147483648, 'j_id0:j_id2:block:resultsBlock:j_id3:j_id10', 'j_id10', 'javax.faces.Text', 'Terminal Handling', , , 'value', , 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
NK123NK123

Hello Salesforce Gurus,

I just notice that the problem related to visualforce mentioned in this thread is resolved and I can see the embedded Visualforce page showing up properly without all those issues.

But, I am now noticing many other issues with the sandbox salesforce system.

Here is post for the new set of issues: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Salesforce-winter-12-Visualforce-issue-crash-II/td-p/343893

~NK

All Answers

Fahad AkhtarFahad Akhtar

New relase is still in developer preview mode, if you want you can refresh your sandbox and it will be back to summer'11.

NK123NK123

Hi,

Thanks for the info, but I am more concern about this issue happening in the production. So, hoping for a response from salesforce on this topic.

~NK

aballardaballard

This problem should be fixed very soon. 

NK123NK123

Please ellobrate on your comment. 

Is salesforce aware of this issue and did they informed anyone that its going to be fixed???

PLease let me know.

~NK

RARA

Yes, we are aware of this issue. The bug has been fixed very recently and the fix should be available to customers by today or tomorrow.

NK123NK123

Thanks for the information.  I will wait for the fix release.

I was confused by the commentator comments. I was not sure by looking at the commentators profile whether its coming from Salesforce officials or its just the visitors.

~NK

NK123NK123

Hello Salesforce Gurus,

I just notice that the problem related to visualforce mentioned in this thread is resolved and I can see the embedded Visualforce page showing up properly without all those issues.

But, I am now noticing many other issues with the sandbox salesforce system.

Here is post for the new set of issues: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Salesforce-winter-12-Visualforce-issue-crash-II/td-p/343893

~NK

This was selected as the best answer