function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NK123NK123 

Salesforce winter 12 - System Log/Developer Console Issues

Hi Salesforce Gurus,

When I am opening the System Log (or Developer Console) in Sandbox and I am getting this error message:

Error: Open request failed

Requested entity 07LT000000DMX7L was not found.

~NK

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
pswpsw

When the developer console opens it tries to reopen all the things that were last had open. 07L is the prefix for an Apex log; Apex logs are cleaned up as you approach the log usage limit. So this error means you probably closed the console while a log was opened, then by the time you came back to the developer console that log was removed. When the console came up it tried to reopen the log and couldn't so its just apprising you of that. The warning message could be more clear, I can file an issue for that.

All Answers

RjSanchezRjSanchez

Yeah I'm getting the same type of message when I access the developer console.

Requested entity 07LK0000000nKzE was not found.

My sandbox is on cs9.

ricardcabreraricardcabrera

I think it's because there was a tab opened, and when tries to load it again the record doesen't exist anymore or something like this.

If you close the system log, and open it again, you will notice that the opened tabs will be still open. Maybe it's related with that.

pswpsw

When the developer console opens it tries to reopen all the things that were last had open. 07L is the prefix for an Apex log; Apex logs are cleaned up as you approach the log usage limit. So this error means you probably closed the console while a log was opened, then by the time you came back to the developer console that log was removed. When the console came up it tried to reopen the log and couldn't so its just apprising you of that. The warning message could be more clear, I can file an issue for that.

This was selected as the best answer
RjSanchezRjSanchez

Great explaination psw. Thank you.

NK123NK123

I am submitting this so that salesforce can look at it and resolve it as part of their issue resolution.

This error is not stopping me from using the SystemLog/Developer Console at this moment so its not very urgent but its good to resolve this.

~NK

NK123NK123

One more thing, I have opened another post related to the issues of Winter 12, can you guys looks at this and see if you can comment. I am not receiving much response from salesforce on some issues. Here is the post:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Salesforce-winter-12-Visualforce-issue-crash-II/m-p/344481#M41603

~NK