function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
studzeystudzey 

Terms and Condition Page

Hi Guys,

I created a notification page for each other that they must read every time they log in. What I did, is create a visual force page, attached it to a custom VF tab and then set the tab as the default landing page for each user that logs in. 

My question is the following: 

Instead of doing the above, where I will now have an unnecessary "Terms and Conditions" tab, is there another way that I can set this up? 

Much appreciated 

Regards

Stadler

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

is this a vf page again and u want this to be landing page r wat? plz alloborate 

studzeystudzey

Hi, 

Yes, I believe that the only way I would prob be able to do it is with a VF page?  And yes, this has to be the landing page....the only problem with what I have at the moment, is that the VF page that I built is attached to a custom tab that must now sit next to all my tabs...and I want it invisible.

An example would be like the maintenance message that comes up - I want something similar to that. 

Does that answer your question?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

with out creating a tab also u can set that page as a landing page using homepagecomponents....create a custom home page component as html area.. and write the script as below

<script>window.location = '/apex/urcustompagename'</script>;

studzeystudzey

OK let me try it - thanks ill come back to you now

studzeystudzey

It just loops back to itself now! :(

The code I built (of the page) looks like this: (See the 2 buttons at the bottom)

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardStylesheets="true" setup="true">
<head>

</head>
<body>

<br/><br/><br/><br/><table border="3"><tr><td>
CONFIDENTIALITY AND RESTRICTED USE NOTICE

<br/><br/>

<center><button ONCLICK="window.location.href='https://eu1.salesforce.com//home/home.jsp'"> I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS </button> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

<button ONCLICK="window.location.href='https://eu1.salesforce.com/secur/logout.jsp'"> I DO NOT ACCEPT THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS</button> </center>

</td></tr></table>

</body>
</apex:page>

studzeystudzey

Do i add the component to the home page layout?

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

ya u need to

studzeystudzey

Ok, but when I add that to the page layout it just loops back to itself...... :-( other than that it works perfectly..lol

studzeystudzey

see code above... 

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

what u added in the homepage component code?

studzeystudzey

A reference to the VF Page (like you said before) with the following code: 

<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardStylesheets="true" setup="true">
<head>

</head>
<body>

<br/><br/><br/><br/><table border="3"><tr><td>
<center><b><br/> CONFIDENTIALITY AND RESTRICTED USE NOTICE</b></center><br/>

</U></B></p>

<br/><br/>
<center><button ONCLICK="window.location.href='https://eu1.salesforce.com//home/home.jsp'"> I ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS </button> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <button ONCLICK="window.location.href='https://eu1.salesforce.com/secur/logout.jsp'"> I DO NOT ACCEPT THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS</button> </center>

</td></tr></table>

</body>
</apex:page>

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

this should be ur vf page code ... and call this page from home page components thats wat i am saying....

studzeystudzey

<script>window.location = '/apex/wtc_terms'</script>;

Then, I added it to the layout. Now, when I click on accept it just goes back to the home page - over and over

studzeystudzey

I created a compenent called "Terms" - the code in it is 

<script>window.location = '/apex/wtc_terms'</script>; where wtc_terms is the page with the above code.

Isnt that correct?

sorry im confused :)

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

<script>window.location = '/apex/wtc_terms';</script>; u need to close that statement also

studzeystudzey

OK thanks

That works but the OK button still comes back to apex/home - so it just loop over and over to home - and because I have that component on the page layout it just loads the terms and conditions again...

Im not sure what to do to make it only show terms and conditions once! 

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

hey got the prob... once again u want to land the home page means.. its once again overriding the default page... so u need to land on different page on the button click .. hope u got thre point

studzeystudzey

OK I see, 

So will the home page always be over- ride with the terms and conditions page then?