function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
summethasummetha 

Replacing Standard Salesforce Page with your custom Visualforce Page as soon as you login

Hi, I am trying to display an "Accept Terms" Visualforce Page as sson as a user logs into the Salesforce Account.  This "Terms" page will have a button and as soon as you click it, it will take you to the standard salesforce page with all the tabs and sidebars.  I have the "Terms" page working but not sure how to bring it to the Home page components as soon as some one logs in. 

In other words, I want this custom "Terms" page as the landing page before the user clicks the "Accept" button.

Edwin VijayEdwin Vijay

Ok, so here are the steps i have in mind....

Create a field in the User object of type Checkbox, ("Terms Accepted?").... Set it to FALSE for all Users

Create a visualforce page named "CheckTermsAccepted". This page will check the value of the field created above. If the value is TRUE, do nothing....

If the value is FALSE, redirect the user to the "Terms" page.

Remember, you will have to do the redfirection using Javascript and you will have to change the URL of the parent window...  Pagereference will not work

Now, create a new Home Page Component and select "Edit HTML" and give your Visualforce page "CheckTermsAccepted" as the source... Here is a link on how to do it http://www.forcetree.com/2009/12/adding-visualforce-page-to-home-page.html

Hope that helps!