function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
erik.cnopserik.cnops 

Visualforce Error in joined report

Hi there,

I opened a case with premier support because I get a Visualforce error java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException when I try to change the report format to "Joined" in the report builder.  

Premier support replied: If you have made any kind of VisualForce modifications to your instance, we are not able to support it. Have you made any modifications? If so I would recommend checking developer.force.com. 

Actually we do have 2 VF pages.

Any ideas where to go from here?

Thanks,

Erik

petyrgcpetyrgc

I have a user who is running into the sam problem.  That's an interesting response SFDC support provided you. Why would it matter if your org is uing VF pages. What does that have to do with reporting, which to my knowledge is NOT customizable from a VF perspective.

Our instance has a couple of VF pages, but thing in regards to reporting. Finally, if what the SFDC support rep said is true, shouldn't SFDC put some sort of disclaimer in the release notes!  Why do we have to find this out after the fact. Oy Vey!

erik.cnopserik.cnops

Well, I also fail to see why VF pages could have an impact on the report builder.

Even so, I think it's unacceptable that SFDC doesn't offer any support in this case.

This is like saying "Thank you for using salesforce, but since you needed VF pages to support your requirements, go figure it out yourself!".