function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
abivenkatabivenkat 

need clarification in passing the values from Visualforce page

hi all,

i have a custom component in my visualforce page. There is a Textbox in my custom component where users enters some value. I have to pass that Textbox value to my Visualforce page. Now how to pass the textbox value from that custom component to visualforce page??? i thought it was easy, but, i cant get the textbox value from the custom component.

i wann that textbox value in my visualforce page or in my page's controller class at least.. please help me to achieve this functionality!!

thanks,

abivenkat,

SFDC Learner

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

You could use the same controller for both the VF page and Component - that should be able to get it through.

abivenkatabivenkat

hi,

Using the same controller for both VF page and custom component is not possible, coz, onz i have finished this custom component, i will be using the component in my other visualforce page and if this restriction of using same controller class for both, it seems to be little bit complicated and cant put our VF functionality in components controller class.

consider if i am delivering this to my client, when ever he uses this component in his VF page, then he will have to code in same controller class for this functionalities. it is not good and possible.

is there any other idea to achieve this?? please help me in this...

thanks,

abivenkat,

SFDC Learner