function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LAMCORPLAMCORP 

VForce Inputfields not writing blank entry

Dear all,

I am having a head scratching moment with VF. I have uploaded this same post a couple of times already but with no luck so far. Hoping someone can help this time around.

I have created a series of VF Pages. When using inputfields and entering data into a blank field all is fine. But when the field has data stored and you are trying to enter a blank entry the blank update does not write to the database. Just like it ignores the blank entry.

Can someone.. anyone help please? 

Suresh RaghuramSuresh Raghuram

can u explain in detail with your code

LAMCORPLAMCORP

Hi, thanks for the reply.

This applies to all inputfields in VF tha tI have used. So lets just use a date inputfield for this example. So I enter a date  and press save and the update is written to the database with no issues. All working fine so far. I go back into the VF page and then using the same date field want to erase the date that I entered with no value (blank / null). I then press save. The record saves as it should but the update is not written to the database. If I go back into the VF page the date is still there.

Please see my previous post with code and pic.

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/VForce-pages-are-not-writing-blank-values-to-the-database/m-p/435173

Hope this explains better

LAMCORPLAMCORP

And to add, if I enter another date to replace the originally entered date that works. It is just when entering a blank value.