function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SF7SF7 

Social Contacts in VF Page

Hi 

i have a vf page for contacts and with the winter 12 release we have social contacts with contacts objects and how do i link these social contacts with my vf page .

thank you,

Akhil

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SF7SF7
<social:profileViewer entityId="{!contact.id}" id="aaa"></social:profileViewer> 
THis is the tag i used in my VF page and i can see the social network icons on my page .
However i still have one more problem i am unable to see linkdin only where as all other icons are there (fb,twitter,youtube,klout).

All Answers

SF7SF7

i see there is a new tag <social:profileViewer > availble any clue abt it.

ForceMantis (Amit Jain)ForceMantis (Amit Jain)

Hi

This is a new VisualForce tag that is coming in Spring '12 release, which is expected to release between 4th -11th Feb 2012. You can see this is release notes:

http://alphatron.co.uk/salesforce_spring12_release_notes.pdf

You can track the rollout for your salesforce instance on following url:

http://trust.salesforce.com/trust/status/

Amit Jain

If a reply to a post answers your question or resolves your problem, please mark it as the solution to the post so that others may benefit.

SF7SF7
<social:profileViewer entityId="{!contact.id}" id="aaa"></social:profileViewer> 
THis is the tag i used in my VF page and i can see the social network icons on my page .
However i still have one more problem i am unable to see linkdin only where as all other icons are there (fb,twitter,youtube,klout).
This was selected as the best answer
prateek___7prateek___7

when i using this tag i got this error plz help me 

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

Error is in expression '{!entityId}' in component <social:profileViewer> in component profileViewer.apexc

SF7SF7

i guess u are not giving entity id properly can u plz post tht line of code

prateek___7prateek___7

i am using this tag on my site and i am passing contact id 

saravana kumar 106saravana kumar 106
Hi folks, i run this code in my instance in got this error 
"java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Error is in expression '{!entityId}' in component <social:profileViewer> in component profileViewer.apexc",
and how this page get contact.id from selected record.