function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
imAkashGargimAkashGarg 

URGENT: Time Limit Exceeded

i am getting this error,

Time Limit Exceeded

Your request exceeded the time limit for processing

There is a visulforce page(as PDF) which is called from other VF page, on clicking a button.

The error comes occasionally, when the button is clicked.

need help urgently.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
imAkashGargimAkashGarg

Solved :)

There was a issue with the SOQL query. The query was taking a longer time to execute and when it was crossing 120 seconds, it was giving time out error. i had to use some index fields in my query to narrow the query range. it worked for me.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Time Limit Exception is internal SalesForce error, because you have too much data. Check data size that generate the PDF .If you are using the SQOL query use the limit in your query.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

imAkashGargimAkashGarg

Thanks for the response.

I have limited the SOQL query to 200 records only, still im getting the error.

imAkashGargimAkashGarg

any help?

imAkashGargimAkashGarg

I am getting this error every morning and after waiting for some time the problem is automatically resolved.

Need Help.

imAkashGargimAkashGarg

Solved :)

There was a issue with the SOQL query. The query was taking a longer time to execute and when it was crossing 120 seconds, it was giving time out error. i had to use some index fields in my query to narrow the query range. it worked for me.

This was selected as the best answer
ThenmozhiThenmozhi

I got time limit exceeded problem ,in my db have more than 1500 records,but i desired  my soql query limit is 25 only still now i got these time exceed proble Any Solution  

Time limit exceeded Your request exceeded the time limit for processing. 

ThenmozhiThenmozhi

using limit

ThenmozhiThenmozhi
missed limit in a related query